Saturday, January 24, 2009

Hope for Tom, Dick and Harry

On Thursday, Ianniq received a certificate proclaiming that he's been accepted to Clarion. On Friday, he received another, embellished with a ribbon and gold calligraphy that he'd been acccepted to Lock Haven. He's hung them proudly upon the wall behind his homeschool desk.

Whoopdeedoo!

I can't put my finger on it, but something about these acceptance certificates reminds me of that episode of Married with Children when the family dog received a credit card.

Coming Soon: Obama, the Steelers and PPU Softball

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you, Ianniq. I hope you choose Clarion; I think it would be a great fit. I'm excited for this new start for you.

    Love from Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Sue.

    Ianniq has since received acceptance to IUP and Mansfield. I agree with you that Clarion would probably be the best fit. We still plan to tour Cal of PA and Lock Haven in the coming months.

    Good news that you are going back to school. I think your ability to think outside the box would be a welcome thing to the social work industry, which seems to be filled with puppets and dolts drunk on authority.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that Ianniq has so many options. Not that my thoughts should have any bearing on the decision but I still like Clarion best for him.

    I might actually be going for a dual degree in social work and social justice. We'll have to see how big the bill is, though. Working on getting my application in right now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is a position at Krislund for program director if any of you are interested.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't Mansfield the best for baseball?

    ReplyDelete